Stock: 299 Available
Summer Snow Flakes
Characteristics: Evergreen shurb 50 cm spread 150 cm
Seeds per packet: 30
Low branching stem with dense oval shaped leaves and white fan shaped flowers that occur in the leaf axils from spring to summer.
Native to the southern corner of Western Australia from Perth to Esperance.
Prefers a well drained moist soil in a protected sunny position. Drought tender and frost tolerant.
Although seed can be sown most of the year in Australia seed is generally best sown in spring or autumn in temperate climates, avoid the coldest and hottest months of the year. The optimum germination temperature for germination is around 18-22°C
- Sow seed on surface of a porous seed raising mix. The seed will lodge in the the pores of the mix once watered.
- Sprinkle a very light covering of the seed raising mix over the seed. Do not bury too seed deeply.
- Water with fine mist spray to avoid disturbance of the seed.
- Place in a warm shaded or semi shaded position to avoid dying out.
- Keep warm & moist, avoid drying out or waterlogging the growing mix.
- Germination generally occurs in around 21-42 days in the right conditions.
General note: Seeds of many natives are dormant and require specific conditions or pre-treatment for germination.
Do not be too hasty to discard seed that does not germinate, seeds will often lay dormant until the conditions are similar to their natural requirements for germination to occur. Containers put to one side will often surprise long after they were discarded.