Stock: 297 Available
Characteristics: Annual herb to 40 cm
Seeds per packet: 30
An herbaceous annual growing from 10-40cm in height depending on the conditions with a similar spread. Typically with an erect stem and narrow leaves arranged in a basal rosette.
Yellow daisy like papery flowers 2.5cm across occur from July to October in its native range.
Prefers a rich soil in a sunny open position. Drought tolerant but frost tender.
Although seed can be sown most of the year in Australia seed is generally best sown in spring or autumn in temperate climates, avoid the coldest and hottest months of the year. The optimum germination temperature for germination is around 18-22°C
- Sow seed on surface of a porous seed raising mix. The seed will lodge in the the pores of the mix once watered.
- Sprinkle a very light covering of the seed raising mix over the seed if required to hold the seed in place. Do not bury seed deeply.
- Water with fine mist spray to avoid disturbance of the seed.
- Place in a warm shaded or semi shaded position to avoid dying out.
- Keep warm & moist, avoid drying out or waterlogging the growing mix.
- Germination should occur in 18-21 days depending on the temperature and conditions.
General note: Seeds of many natives are dormant and require specific conditions or pre-treatment for germination.
Do not be too hasty to discard seed that does not germinate, seeds will often lay dormant until the conditions are similar to their natural requirements for germination to occur. Containers put to one side will often surprise long after they were discarded.